We are proud of the positive impact we make on the health of our community.
For nearly 50 years, People’s Center has stood as a beacon of hope in the global village of Cedar Riverside—a neighborhood that has long been the first stop for new Americans, from the Scandinavians in the 1800s to Somalis and other East Africans today.
In 2017, we served almost 9,000 individual patients and conducted over 49,000 visits. 46% of patients were better served in languages other than English. 14% of patients were uninsured.
Our measures of success:
•74% of patients managed their diabetes with hemoglobin A1C level of less than 9%.
• 96% of patients with asthma had an individualized treatment to better manage their symptoms.
• 90% of patients screened for tobacco use and received education and resources to quit (if they smoked).
• 67% of patients were screened for depression
• 49% of eligible children received dental exam, education and fluoride varnish to help promote good oral hygiene and prevent tooth decay
• 92% of patients satisfied with ease of getting an appointment
• 93% of patients say we help them make healthy lifestyle choices
• 81% of patients able to get same day appointment when sick or hurt
Who We Serve
We never turn anyone away due to
inability to pay.
Patients from across Minnesota come to People’s Center Health Services for health and wellness services.
62 percent of patients come from target service areas, including the University of Minnesota and East and West downtown Minneapolis.
We worked with over 40 community partners and funders to transform the health of the patients and families we serve.